Ajwain (Trachyspermum Ammi) is one of the oldest herbs used for its medicinal properties. It is known as carom seeds in English. These tiny seeds are an essential spice in many Indian curries since they aid digestion and absorption. They are also popular in toasted or raw form.
When included in various cuisines, ajwain seeds offer a unique flavour. The advantages of ajwain, however, go beyond its flavour and aroma.
Ajwain seeds are rich in fibre, antioxidants, and other vitamins and minerals. Therefore, they have a variety of health advantages. Furthermore, they are beneficial for weight loss.
Ajwain for Weight Loss
Ajwain seeds are fantastic for your health as they are packed with carbs, fibre, protein, and fats. Additionally, they contain niacin, potassium, thiamine, sodium, phosphorus, calcium, and other vitamins and minerals beneficial for health.
Ajwain or carom seeds aid nutrient absorption and increase metabolism. They speed up your body’s metabolism, causing food to travel through your stomach more quickly. Subsequently, less fat gets stored in the body, which accelerates weight reduction.
According to research, thymol, an essential oil found in ajwain, has outstanding medicinal qualities. Thymol is well known for reducing food cravings by suppressing appetite, boosting energy, and providing your body with incredible nourishment. Furthermore, thymol helps you lose weight quickly by accelerating your metabolism and reducing acidity. In-vivo studies found that thymol inhibits obesity. It lessens fat buildup, enhances insulin sensitivity, improves leptin sensitivity, and lessens lipid action.
Take a teaspoon of ajwain powder or add it to your green tea or water right after you wake up or before having breakfast for a better metabolic process.
Benefits of Ajwain Water for Weight Loss
You can use ajwain for weight loss in a variety of ways. For instance, one can consume ajwain water to lose weight, which is simple and effective.
Regularly consuming ajwain water on an empty stomach in the morning can help you lose 1-2 kg a month. However, one must exercise and adhere to dietary guidelines. Ajwain facilitates nutrient absorption and digestion. It helps you lose weight because it prevents fat from accumulating.
The HealthifyMe Note
Ajwain water increases metabolism, decreases fat storage, and fights toxins to increase energy. As a result, it allows you to lose weight quickly and naturally. However, it goes without saying that exercise and food management is crucial in your weight loss journey.
Ways to Make Ajwain Water for Weight Loss
You burn more calories when your metabolism level increases. For example, improved digestion reduces flatulence, which in turn accelerates metabolism. You can burn fat faster as a result.
- Servings: 2
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Ajwain seeds: 2 tsp
- Water: 2 cups
- Roast two teaspoons of ajwain seeds on a low flame until they release their distinctive aroma.
- Put approximately 2 cups of water on the stovetop to boil.
- Add the roasted ajwain seeds and continue stirring until the mixture turns brown.
- Strain the water and enjoy your weight loss beverage when it has cooled.
Ajwain Honey Water
Minerals, amino acids, and vitamins found in honey all work together to help us control our metabolism.
Additionally, honey stimulates particular hormones in our bodies that reduce appetite and keep us from overindulging in calories. Combined with ajwain, this mixture can help you rapidly lose extra body weight.
- Servings: 1
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Ajwain seeds: 2 tbsp
- Water: 1 cup
- Raw Honey: 1 tbsp
- Soak 2 tbsp of ajwain in 1 cup of water overnight.
- Strain the water the following morning and add 1 tbsp of honey to it.
- Take this empty stomach in the morning.
- Three months of daily consumption will yield noticeable results.
The HealthifyMe Note
Ajwain water is popular since it takes little effort to prepare and is excellent for losing weight. However, there are many different drinking methods, including ajwain tea, ajwain honey water, ajwain green tea, etc.
Your lifestyle decisions, including eating habits, exercise routines, and sleep patterns, greatly influence your health and well-being. To achieve the best results, always consume a balanced diet that fits your lifestyle.
HealthifyMe is the most cutting-edge health-fitness platform globally that supports diet improvement. Users of the HealthifyMe app have access to tools for tracking their calorie intake, water intake, activity levels, and weight loss. Customers can also get professional coaching and guidance in real-time that aids in goal achievement and health maintenance.
HealthifyPro comes with CGM, expert coach consultations, and a smart scale that analyses your weight in terms of body-fat percentage, muscle mass, etc. Then, based on your evaluation, knowledgeable nutritionists collaborate with you to design a personalised diet plan and monitor your progress.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can ajwain water reduce weight?
A. Ajwain water helps in digestion. Therefore, it prevents fat from accumulating and helps people lose weight. Moreover, it increases metabolism. Thus, ajwain water consumption can considerably aid in weight loss.
Q. What happens if we drink ajwain water daily?
A. Rich in iodine, phosphorus, calcium, and potassium, ajwain has several health advantages when regularly consumed. Regularly drinking ajwain water will relieve indigestion. Make sure to drink it every morning on an empty stomach. Since improved digestion would limit weight fluctuations, which will indirectly aid weight loss.
Q. Does ajwain reduce belly fat?
A. Enhancing an individual’s metabolism assists in weight loss. Ajwain contributes to overall weight reduction since it reduces fat accumulation.
Q. Which is better, jeera water or ajwain water, for weight loss?
A. Ajwain is well known for helping to enhance digestion and speed up metabolism, contributing to weight loss. On the other hand, jeera water has excellent cleansing properties, curbs cravings, increases metabolism, and aids in weight loss. Ajwain and jeera are both incredibly low in calories and, in addition to their therapeutic advantages for effective weight control, are perfect for frequent intake in your weight reduction diet.
Q. Who should avoid ajwain?
A. Individuals allergic to ajwain seed may experience nausea, vomiting, and dizziness due to thymol present in the seed. Moreover, ajwain may decrease blood coagulation due to its ability to thin the blood. As a result, avoiding ajwain and its supplements gets advised when taking drugs that slow blood clotting.
Q. Can I drink ajwain water at night?
A. Consuming ajwain water on an empty stomach in the morning is the ideal time to consume ajwain water. It will help you have better metabolism throughout the day and aid digestion.
Q. Is ajwain cold or hot for the body?
A. Ajwain has a warm potency.
The Supporting Sources
1. Nagoor Meeran MF, Javed H, Al Taee H, Azimullah S, Ojha SK. Pharmacological Properties and Molecular Mechanisms of Thymol: Prospects for Its Therapeutic Potential and Pharmaceutical Development. Front Pharmacol. 2017 Jun 26;8:380. Doi: 10.3389/fphar.2017.00380. PMID: 28694777; PMCID: PMC5483461.
2. Haque MR, Ansari SH, Najmi AK, Ahmad MA. Monoterpene phenolic compound thymol prevents high-fat diet-induced obesity in a murine model. Toxicol Mech Methods. 2014 Feb;24(2):116-23. doi: 10.3109/15376516.2013.861888. Epub 2013 Dec 5. PMID: 24175857.
3. Bairwa R, Sodha RS, Rajawat BS. Trachyspermum Ammi. Pharmacogn Rev. 2012 Jan;6(11):56-60. doi: 10.4103/0973-7847.95871. PMID: 22654405; PMCID: PMC3358968.
4. Fass R, McCallum RW, Parkman HP. Treatment Challenges in the Management of Gastroparesis-Related GERD. Gastroenterol Hepatol (N Y). 2009 Oct;5 (10 Suppl 18):4–16. PMCID: PMC2886367.
5. Platel, K.S.inivasan, K. Studies on the influence of dietary spices on food transit time in experimental rats. EurekaMag. Nutrition research 2001; 21(9): 1309-1314. doi: 10.1016/s0271-5317(01)00331-1